Skip to content Accessibility info

Flood Insurance

from Davidson & Associates Insurance

Washington Flood Insurance

Protect Your Property from a Common—and Growing—Risk

According to experts, floods are the most common and widespread type of natural disaster in the state of Washington. And with extreme weather events increasing annually, as well as aging infrastructure becoming more fragile, state agencies expect flooding will be an even worse problem over the next decade.

Flooding causes tremendous losses to both personal and business property. But you can keep that type of loss from turning into a financial disaster with flood insurance.

Washington Flood Insurance: Coverage for Structures and Their Contents

What does flood insurance in Washington cover? It provides broad coverage from flood water damage and devastation. Both structures and the items inside them are protected, whether it's your home or your business.

Building coverage:

  • The structure and its foundation
  • Plumbing and electrical systems
  • HVAC system elements and water heaters
  • Large and built-in appliances, such as ovens, refrigerators, and dishwashers
  • Permanently installed carpeting

Interior coverage:

  • Furnishings
  • Electronics
  • Clothing
  • Personal belongings
  • Portable and small appliances
  • Washers and dryers
  • Window air conditioning units
  • Carpeting that is not considered part of the building, as above

When you call Davidson & Associates Insurance about a flood insurance policy, we’ll ask more about the specifics of what you need covered and where your property is located. Some property may be eligible for coverage via the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), created in 1968 by Congress. Otherwise, we can help you find the right private flood insurance policy to meet your needs.

We will also discuss whether or not Replacement Cost Value (RCV) or Actual Cash Value (ACV) is the best reimbursement method for you in the event you need to file a claim. Typically, RCV, which is the cost to replace damaged property paid out at up to 80 percent, is used for single-family primary residence claims. Other types of buildings and personal property are valued using ACV. Actual Cash Value is RCV minus physical depreciation.

Don’t wait until a flood leaves you homeless or causes your business to close its doors. Call us at 360-514-9550 today to learn more about how flood insurance can protect you, or use our easy online contact form to reach out for a quote. Our independent agents are ready to help you with the kind of personalized service and range of products you can’t find elsewhere.